Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yahoo Live Talk April 2006

UPDATE: Here's the link to the LIVE TALK CLIP.

(The sound and image are off a bit; if a better one is uploaded I'll post it)

Enjoy!



Also, thanks to liv and the fans on the ARK here's a summary of the Q & A part (not sure, though, if everything's in the right order):

Q1.How will you spend Golden Week?

HYDE: I have no time off!

Q2. What was the best food you've had so far on this tour?

HYDE: Yamagata’s was so delicious!  

Q3. Do you have any episode during the recoding in L.A.?

HYDE: I heard one Thai restaurant's waitresses were all beautiful, so we went to the restaurant. (lol) They're more looked like Asian, but yes, they were beautiful!

Q4. What do you do during waiting times? What things were popular among your friends?

HYDE: I was too busy…but near the end of the recording we managed to go out together. Kaz wanted to go skateboarding but I wanted to go rollerblading. Kaz enjoyed it a lot once he got used to it. We skated at Santa Monica beach. The place was very nice.

Q5. What was in your mind while creating the song “Jesus Christ”?

HYDE: I had some idea of the guitar riff from the beginning, and I wanted to play this song to start the live. I was moved so much while making it, too.

Q6. Which you do prefer, cats or dogs?

HYDE: I am allergic to cats. (lol) Cats are independent, while dogs return rewards to you. Their attitudes are like, “I cannot live without you.” They are so cute.

Q7. What do you want to eat now?

HYDE: I want to eat (some sort of hot stew with potatoes?).

Q8. Are you drinking alcohol during this tour?

HYDE: Yes, I drink a lot.

Q9. Tell me the temporary titles of the songs in the album FAITH.

HYDE: Mmm, there was not…mmm. COUNTDOWN was STEALTH, because it was the song for the movie…

Q10. What is the most memorable thing in this live house tour?

HYDE: Recently, I spat. (lol)

(Reporter: On the audience?)

HYDE: (lol) As I was singing, I had some bubbles in my month…(lol) so I had to spit that out.

Q11. Which planet would you like to visit most?

HYDE: I want to go to the center of the universe, or the center of the Milky Way or...the earth is located at the edge of the universe, you know…the core is bright. I’m more interested in seeing the core part of the universe.

Q12. What is your secret of keeping up healthy to complete this tour?

HYDE: Put the humidifier on and sleep well.

Q13. Do you read fan letters?

HYDE: I didn’t read them at one time, but I found there are more warm-hearted fans who give me letters during this tour. (lol)

Q14. When there is a trouble, do you get panicked easily or rather stay calm?

HYDE: I try to be calm.

Q15. What do you think about performing overseas?

HYDE: There are many Asian fans living in the U.S. I’m playing for them.

EDITED: About Q15--Ikuni heard him say something to the effect that when he came to America for Otakan there were a lot of Asians in the audience and he enjoyed playing for them.

4 comments:

musingwoman said...

And about that last question's answer--maybe Hyde really does not know how many nonAsians in America are fans??

Anonymous said...

I must admit, when I first read his response to that question, I was a little insulted. Then I thought, well maybe it was just a poor translation, or maybe he's truly oblivious to his fan base here in the US. If so, he's going to be shocked when he goes to HOB & Slims and sees a whole bunch of non-Asian folks in the audience! Gee, maybe then he'll open up Hydeist to non-Japan residents too!

musingwoman said...

Something else I thought of--maybe because the live talk questions were coming from Asian fans he was just thinking along those lines.

I'm like you, though, if he truly doesn't realize how many Westerners are in his U.S. fanbase, he'll certainly find out at the concerts!

musingwoman said...

About the last question (no. 15) see my edit of the post--my daughter Ikuni understands quite a bit of Japanese, and she didn't think he was speaking as exclusively as the ARK translation might have made it sound.