Friday, April 14, 2006

Comments at Utsunomiya

I believe the following are comments by Hyde at the recent Utsunomiya concert, reported by a Japanese fan and then translated by the ARK members. So, take it with a grain of MSG. It’s third-hand at best.

If Hyde did say this, though, it gives us some insight into his current views about spiritual things.

Hyde:The next song (FAITH) is about the moment of Christ’s death. What might have happened.

I did a lot of research. Historical. To have as few mistakes as possible. Both on and under the surface. I researched both sides seriously. I think I might have gotten the nearest to the truth.

But after all, it's something we talk about, now, 2000 years later? A tale handed down. For example, if He were here now on stage what would He say?

Fans: Is it a word game?

Hyde: Jesus…I can't think of anything. Being something that happened 2000 years ago. You can’t know anymore what's really true. But, when Christ was being crucified, even when he was being beaten, He didn't fight back. Is this His teaching? The love concept. But of the teachings He left us, humans living after him can only make wars, right? At the moment of His death, though, I think he could foresee such a thing. So, this song was written about Him.

No comments: