Sunday, April 09, 2006

Buying tickets for Hyde

Novel here. First thanks to Musing for this brilliant site. She asked me to post about buying my tickets today. I missed them last week because I didn't register and log on first and was trying to be all cool about how it was ok, but it wasn't, but I didn't want to tell my husband who is pretty cool about my Hydeholism, all things considered, but still, there is a limit. So in the back of my head all week is, "Oh, God, please let me get Hyde tickets, even though there are more important things to pray about, please let me get Hyde tickets."

Today I had preregistered at tickets.com and was online, signed in at 15 'til. Refreshing, refreshing, remembering to breathe, refreshing... Uh, oh, computer acting slow while loading--not now, not now!--don't refresh so much. I was practically shaking. I was 13 again, trying to dial to win tickets to Duran Duran. And refresh--ticket options, no, not dinner, click two for me and friend B, hit continue and?!!! Confirm email? What email, where? I'm pre-registered? Oh, there it is. By now I'm shaking, fill in email, hit continue and VICTORY! Print page, call B, email Musing. Hooray! Start looking for plane tickets.

Afterwards, realize I've been holding tension all week both about this and buying new car. Picked up new car yesterday, bought tickets today. Thank God for both and collapse. Literally--just fell into bed and slept for two hours.

I love Hyde's words. Don't think about the whole thing--think about it one song at a time.

5 comments:

musingwoman said...

I was so nervous for you today!

Driving my son to work I glanced at the time every so often. 12:45. She's probably at the computer. 12:55. She's starting to refresh. 1:00. Agh! They're on sale! 1:10. I bet it's all over by now (and come to find out it was!).

I was so glad to get back home and read your email.

Can't wait till July!

Anonymous said...

You know, minus some minor details you just told my story of ticket getting too. It felt so silly to be a grown woman with a child and a home to worry about literally begging the powers that be to let me get tickets to a concert clear across the country. I haven't been so excited in two years, since L'arc at Otakon. I shook then too. I can't think of a time between or one before since the birth of my daughter in '99. I'm tempted to say we should have a meet up at the concert, but we'll spot each other easily enough, I think. :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, I also have to add... Duran Duran and Hyde in the same post? You just made my day.

Unknown said...

Hello, arisma, Novel here. Somewhere on youtube there used to be a fan vid of L'Arc set to "Save a Prayer." How beautiful is that? Another Mother and grown daughter are coming too from Massachusetts--we can be the Fan-Women group.

musingwoman said...

"the Fan-Women group" :-D