Monday, June 05, 2006

Shojo Beat interview

Rinoa Heartilly posted a translation of Hyde’s recent interview in ShojoBeat. Here are some excerpts:

SB: Your group L'Arc~en~Ciel has performed in the United States, China, and Korea. How has your international recognition affected your work with L'Arc? How about as a solo performer?

H: When our music reached out to foreign audiences, it was a big deal for me to have the music transcend borders... to have people from different countries learning our Japanese songs and singing along with us. I felt as if we became one through music overseas. I saved up each of those emotions within me. I don't actually know how that has affected my new album, but I'm certain it had an effect.
SB: What made you decide to perform concerts in California this summer?

H: I think it's because I'm confident about the sound I create. I really feel that Americans will connect with my hard-rock sound... So if there is a chance and a place for me to perform, I'll gladly be there.
SB: Will your performances in the States vary from those you've done in other countries? If so, how?

H: Well, I have the Japan tour prior to that, so I'm going to try things out there first and bring the best of it to U.S. fans.


Read the whole interview here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! Jeez, I wish it was a longer interview, but this one was way more complimentary to L'Arc, so I feel a little better about that. Gee, it looks like he's psyched about playing here in the USA. I can't wait! 27 more days!