Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Kyoto and Saga

Eleonora translated two more diary entries by Manager Fa. One for the Kyoto concert and one for Saga.

During the Kyoto concert there were numerous blackouts during the song, Midnight Celebration, so Hyde started it over three times. The lights went out again in the middle of the third try but “obstinate” Hyde kept going anyway.

Also, if I’m understanding right, Hyde has a favorite lighter jar with the anime character Hakushon Daimaou - The Great Magician Hakushon on it.

* * *

(As an aside, I was glad to read Eleonora’s notes about the shortened versions of standard greetings, such as “Chi-su” for “Konnichiwa,” Good afternoon. It confirmed what Ikuni and I thought about a certain humorous Dir en grey clip, where they use both “Ohayo gozaimasu” for Good morning, as well as a shorter version of it.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohayo is a more common shortening of "ohayo gozaimasu", which means "good morning".

I've never heard chisu, I've heard chiwa and koncha as slangy versions of konnichiwa though.

musingwoman said...

In the Dir en grey clip it sounded like they said "o-masu" (or maybe it was "o-su") before the slew of ohayo gozaimasu's. I'd never heard that before.

I find slang interesting. Ikuni and I were just talking yesterday about how we don't usually say, "Good night," but "G'nigh."

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched the clip in question yet, but maybe I will and let you know.^^