Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Oricon Style Q & A

Eleonora on the ARK message board posted a translation (No. 14711) of the Q & A section from the Oricon Style magazine spread. She also mentioned no one "stealing it." I hope it's okay to post it here as long as I give her credit. But, if anyone knows of a way to link to the individual posts on the ARK let me know, and I can do that instead. My hope is to eventually have links in the sidebar to all the interviews for people to browse through, and I haven't found a way to link directly to ARK messages.

Anyway, here are the Q & A's (the questions were submitted by fans):

Please tell us about the recent illness you had.

Hyde: The moment I arrived in L.A., I realized I had a cold. I thought, "My joints hurt." The one I got around New Year's was the same.
The occasion when you feel happy, when is it?

Hyde: When I go to the spa, or when eating good things.
Please tell us if there's something you want to realize during this year.

Hyde: What I want to do…having about a month off, doing things endlessly. Drinking alchol, playing games, reading...
When buying clothes, are you the kind that falls in love at first sight?

Hyde: Isn't it the same? By saying "that one" it might be like falling at first sight. In my case, I usually don't have much free time, so if there is something good I buy it on the spot. There isn't any margin for doubt. Whether it suits me or not, it's for later. That's why my place is full of useless things. (bitter laugh)
Of the countries you’ve visited up till now, which one was most interesting?

Hyde: The one that impressed me the most was Morocco. It was my first time abroad. It was for a L’Arc shooting, but that time one of the members said, "Let's go again!" Thinking on it now, it wasn't a place that felt very foreign. Later, whenever I go it seems ordinary.
You sing with an amazing high-pitched voice, do you take daily care of your throat?

Hyde: In general, if possible, by not catching cold. Then when I wash my hands I rinse my throat. For the tour I use a humidifier, which isn't such a rock thing. I drink alcohol, smoke. But, before singing I don't have s.ex.
Are there times when the tension gets so high it bursts?

Hyde: Not recently. In the past, yes. Like when closing a live final it was violent...light violence (laugh). Happy violence. Breaking glasses. That kind.
Recently did you buy something on impulse?

Hyde: When I was doing inline skating I bought shades. It was about 3500 yen? But it was important, it made me think, "It's not like it's poor quality, isn't it!" (laugh).
When you wake up in the morning, what's the first thing you do?

Hyde: I get this question every time, but what is it you wanna hear me say? Generally, I pee. That's the normal answer. I've never looked at an enquete (etiquette?) of people answering in another way.
The recording, what word comes to mind--"pleasure" or "hardship"?

Hyde: Hardship. No doubt. But, the deep emotion of having completed it, most people can't probably taste that. Annually, doing this same work, is very common, isn't it? That sort of taste, most people can't experience. It comes near to freedom/liberation.
In L.A. did you find some funny object? Like a toy or some food?

Hyde: Wanting to do inline skating overseas, I visited several sport shops, but there wasn't anything good. In the end I had to make a compromise and buy, then I could slide. Inline skating, unexpectedly, it's something I do from the past.

No comments: